ABBYY Lingvo x6
ABBYY Lingvo is a multilingual translation dictionary software that incorporates the world’s most trusted dictionaries like Oxford University Press and HarperCollins Publishers.
With a new German-Russian dictionary, significant updates for English and Spanish dictionaries and the ability to search for key terms in economics, transportation, service equipment and management categories, Lingvo x6 allows users more ways to customize the software to fit specific needs and gain more value out of their translation software and processes.
Key features include:
- Faster than using a browser: Looking up words in ABBYY Lingvo x6 is even faster than looking them up online. Users can position the mouse pointer over any word on the screen and a small pop-up window with translations of the word displayed. This function works twice as fast as in the previous generation.
- Easy-to-use search features: Get meanings of words in seconds via the new interface. The window with entries now has its own search bar, which works popular search engines including auto-completion suggestions when you misspell a word.
- Grammar lessons from Oxford University Press: ABBYY Lingvo x6 includes “Test it, Fix it” grammar lessons from Oxford University Press for pre-intermediate and intermediate learners. Lessons are based on fixing mistakes and learning from them. Users can select a theme, complete a lesson and the program will indicate which answers were right and wrong. Every lesson comes with a handy grammar reference, allowing users to fix any incorrect answer and progress from your mistakes.
- Vocabulary building application: ABBYY Lingvo x6 includes Tutor, a vocabulary building app that lets users create a list of words they want to learn, including words from pop-up translations, and then memorize these words by completing lessons. Tutor supports all of the languages available in Lingvo and includes an easy-to-use lesson scheduling feature.
- Updated and expanded dictionary set: The general-purpose English dictionary has been updated with several thousand words and phrases, including the newest terms to enter into common usage. The Spanish-Russian dictionary has been significantly expanded. New dictionaries of commonly used words and phrases for German and English have been added – containing 80,000 German entries.
- Editions, languages and prices: ABBYY Lingvo x6 is available in three editions that vary by number of supported languages: the English version, the European version (includes dictionaries for 9 European languages), and the Multilingual version (includes dictionaries for 19 languages).
There are no reviews yet.